Private customised Agile training for your delivery teams
Our Agile Team Fundamentals course is an engaging one-day private session designed to get your delivery teams familiar with the key Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, XP and Devops.
This course includes a prior phone consultation with our experienced trainer so as to be able to tailor the content to your unique context and environment.
Focusing on the practical day-to-day operations of the delivery team (and the inherent sub-roles), at the conclusion of this course, your team members will know exactly where they fit in, how they should contribute and what they are responsible for.
This course covers
- An Agile overview
- Framework focus (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, XP, Devops)
- When to apply Scrum vs Waterfall
- Key roles and developing T-Shaped skill sets
- Forming effective cross-functional teams
- Understanding User stories, Epics and Themes
- Techniques to split and break-down requirements
- Managing the Definition-of-Done and non-functional requirements
- Test Automation starting points
- Product backlog prioritisation factors
- Defect handling protocols
- Estimation and forecasting
- Capacity planning
- Popular Scrum tools and resources
- A day in the life of a typical Sprint
- Sprint Planning and the Sprint Backlog
- Formats, tips and tricks to run effective: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Refinement, Reviews and Retrospectives
- Managing WIP and flow using Visual Management Boards (VMBs)
- Release Planning and the Enhanced Release Burndown chart
Additional course details
This course is run on-site, or a suitable training venue can be arranged.
What's included in each course?
The entire Mike Cohn Signature Series book collection
Your team will be given a copy of the entire Mike Cohn Signature Series to kick-start their Agile library. These books contain a wealth of information to help your team as they mature in their Agile approach, and start mastering more advanced practices and techniques.
USB pen with all electronic materials for each attendee
USB pens with the electronic course materials are provided to help your team members focus on the training and re-enforce their knowledge after the course.