This policy has been drafted in accordance with AxisAgile’s obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988, (the Privacy Act) and where applicable, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
1. Personal Information
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as name, identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Information does not include information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We may collect the following information from you when you use our Services, either directly from you or from third parties:
- Your name, contact details, including mailing and email address and telephone number;
- Your demographic information, such as postcode;
- Your preferences and/or opinions
- Details of the services you have enquired about and/or we have provided to you, and our communications with you;
- Your searching and browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our websites, including through use of internet cookies and any communications;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through the use of our website or in direct communications with us.
2. Collection & Disclosure
AxisAgile will only collect Personal Information where the information is necessary for AxisAgile to perform one or more of its functions or activities. In this context, “collect” means gather, acquire or obtain by any means, information in circumstances where the individual is identifiable or identified.
AxisAgile collects Personal Information in a number of different ways including:
- forms (both paper and online, electronic forms);
- face to face meetings;
- communications via telephone, email or facsimile;
- interaction with our websites; and
- via our social media accounts.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our website, Products and Services;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal administrative purposes, including record keeping and accounting
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, Products and Services
- For advertising and marketing, including sending you promotional material
- To comply with our legal obligations and to resolve any disputes
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our employees, contractors or related entities
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners, and anyone to whom our business or assets may be transferred;
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including but not limited to IT Service Providers, data storage, professional advisors, accounting and payment system operators, web-hosting providers.
- Third parties who assist us in providing information, products and services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties that are located, or store data, outside of Australia, and includes but is not limited to Google, Altassian, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, Xero, Event Espresso, Slack and Zoho.
- Courts, tribunals or regulatory authorities as required by law, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside of Australia and, if you are a European Union (EU) citizen, to third parties that reside outside the EU. Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR) you acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
3. Scrum Alliance
4. Our responsibility as a “controller” under the GDPR
AxisAgile is considered to be a controller under the GDPR as we collect, use and store your personal information to enable us to provide you with our Products and Services. As an EU citizen, under the GDPR, when collecting, storing and using your Personal Information, we have the following obligations to you:
- To ensure that your Personal Information will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- That your Personal Information is kept up to date, where it is in our control to do so
- That your Personal Information is processed securely and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
5. Your Personal Information Generally
ACCESS: You may contact us at any time to request details of the personal information we hold about you. You may request a copy of any Personal Information we have, or request that it be deleted or transfered to a third party. We will comply with such requests to the extent permitted by law.
UNSUBSCRIBE: If you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from our email database and any communications using the opt-out option provided in the communication.
UPDATING: Please contact us if you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information we find to be inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
STORAGE: We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. To safeguard against unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place physical, electronic and management procedures. We cannot however guarantee the security of information that is transmitted over the internet. The transmission and exchange of Personal Information over the internet is carried out at your own risk.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND GOOGLE: We use data collection devices, or “cookies” on our websites from time to time that assist us in providing you with customised services. Cookies are text files placed on your computer’s browser to store your preferences. We may also use web beacons on our website from time to time to collect data about your viewing of our website. We also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please refer to Google.
COMPLAINTS: If you believe we have breached the APPs, Privacy Act or the GDPR and wish to make a complaint, please contact us in writing using the contact details provided below and provide us with details of your complaint. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the complaint, the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to resolve your complaint. You have a right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner if you wish to make a complaint.
Last updated 15 June 2018
AxisAgile: ABN 64 156 314 215