Become a CSPO - the original & most globally recognised Certified Scrum Product Owner accreditation. Train with a globally acclaimed author & two Certified Scrum Trainers.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) has fast become the most recognised professional certification focusing on Agile product management. It dovetails seamlessly with its famous sibling, the Certified Scrum Master (CSM). With a focus on product and feature validation, the CSPO teaches new Product Owners highly pragmatic, real-world patterns, techniques, tools and tips to help them ideate and formulate products and services that will delight their customers and stakeholders.
The CSPO is governed by the peak industry body, the Scrum Alliance. Home to the largest network of professional Scrum practitioners in the world – the Scrum Alliance applies the most stringent trainer certification process in the industry to ensure that you receive truly world-class Scrum training.
You get two CSTs
Your courses are led by two highly experienced, world-acclaimed instructors who are super energetic, passionate and funny (some would say at least...). Training with two CST certified instructors ensures a broader variety of war stories, more dynamic delivery, not to mention more parallel processing power to answer all questions thrown at them!
What is included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You get a copy of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the latest addition to the ‘Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tools and tips that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Scrum Alliance Registration & Membership
At the conclusion of our course, you will become a member of the Scrum Alliance. Join the largest community of Scrum professionals and make the most of your free 2-year membership by reading and submitting articles, going to both regional and global Scrum gatherings, and being a part of this ever-growing community.
We're here to support you!
Don't worry, when you've concluded your training with us, we're still here to help. Email us and we'll reply. That's another advantage of having two highly experienced trainers. There's more of us to go round!
Two decks of Planning Poker cards
Not only do you get to play some Planning Poker during our courses, you also get to take home two decks of high quality AxisAgile Planning Poker cards. Each deck has four colours and instruction cards so you can kick off your estimation sessions with a bang!
Stylish USB pen with all electronic materials
Getting a USB stick with all of the electronic course materials is cool. What’s even cooler is getting a stylish pen that has an embedded USB stick with not only the course materials but additional reading as well!
Workbooks to help you connect with the course
As well as an electronic copy of all of the slides and other materials, on the day you will receive a fill-in-the-gaps workbook to use and follow along with during the course. This has been specifically designed to help reinforce key learnings.
Two booklets to help you on your Agile journey
You don’t just receive a best-selling Scrum book but you also receive two extremely practical booklets written by another industry expert, Pete Deemer. The ‘Distributed Scrum Primer’ offers hints and tips to help make Scrum work across a geographically dispersed team, and the ‘Manager and Scrum’ offers a brief Scrum overview targeted at senior managers.
Sleek laptop case to keep it all together
Not only do we provide you with a whole host of great merchandise, but we also ensure that you have an efficient way to take it all home with you via the neat laptop bag that you will also receive! You’re welcome 🙂
This course covers:
- Understanding the key stakeholder and business benefits of Scrum
- Understanding the cost of delay and minimal viable products (MVPs)
- Vision creation templates including the Lean Canvas
- Agile requirement techniques including User Stories and Behaviour-Driven-Development (BDD) techniques
- User Story Mapping and creating the minimal marketable product (MMP)
- Understanding scope-boxed and time-boxed release plans
- The creation of meaningful User Profiles
- Quantitative prioritisation techniques including WSJF (Weighted-Shortest-Job-First)
- Effective Product Backlog refinement and understanding the Definition-of-Ready
- Defining key exit criteria - the 'Definition-of-Done'
- Relative Estimation and longer-term forecasting
- Release tracking metrics and charts
- Product Owner engagement patterns within Sprints
- To keep you energised and at your peak, we provide you with plenty of nourishment. An awesome hot, hotel buffet lunch is provided as well as delicious mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks and drinks. A light breakfast is also provided on both days.
- For Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- This course also counts for 15 of the 21 hours of Agile Project Management Training for your PMI-ACP Certification.
Private CSPO Course
Please contact us to discuss options for in-house, private CSM courses. These courses can potentially run in all Australian states.
Who Should Attend
Product managers, product marketers, business analysts, UX designers, project sponsors and project managers interested in applying the Scrum framework to build the right products will all benefit from this course.
Group Bookings and Invoices
We also offer discounts for group bookings and invoicing as a method of payment. For more information please contact us now.
Refund, Replacement and Postponement Policy
If you have booked onto a course and aren't able to make your course date please refer to our Refund, Replacement and Postponement Policy