As Agile capabilities increase, more and more organisations are turning to the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) as the way to scale Agile delivery across multiple interdependent teams. The Scaled Agile Framework® is by far the widest used scaling framework globally.
The ‘Leading SAFe®’ training is a two-day, highly interactive course that provides you with the tools and proven patterns to help lead change in your enterprise and deliver value at scale. It is also the prerequisite to become an official SAFe® Agilist (SA) under the peak governing body, ‘Scaled Agile Inc.’
In this course you will:
- Learn how the underlying principles of Agile, Lean and Flow underpin the application of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Appreciate how SAFe® can be adapted and trimmed down for successful application across smaller groups, even when coordinating two to five teams
- Understand the roles and constructs that surround teams to manage dependencies and maintain alignment
- Learn how to prepare for, facilitate and execute a successful Program Increment (PI) Planning session
- Discover how the Scaled Agile Framework has been used to build some of the world’s largest interdependent systems
What's included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You get your very own copy of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the hugely popular book that was selected to be part of the ‘Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tools and tips that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Scaled Agile Inc. Membership & Online Assessment Fee
Upon successfully passing the exam, you will become a member of Scaled Agile Inc. Join the thriving community of SAFe® Agilists and make the most of your free 1-year membership with access to members-only discussion groups and resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentation and advanced notice of upcoming SAFe® products. The online assessment fees are included with this course.
We're here to support you!
Don’t worry, when you’ve concluded your training with us, we’re still here to help via our free ongoing support. Email us with a question and we’re sure to reply. That’s another advantage of having two highly experienced trainers. There’s more of us to go round!
Two decks of Planning Poker cards
Not only do you get to play some Planning Poker during our courses, you also get to take home two decks of high quality AxisAgile Planning Poker cards. Each deck has four colours and instruction cards so you can kick off your estimation sessions with a bang!
USB pen with all electronic materials for each attendee
USB pens with the electronic course materials are provided to help your team members focus on the training and re-enforce their knowledge after the course.
Workbooks to help your team connect with the course
As well as an electronic copy of all of the slides and other materials, on the day each attendee will receive a workbook containing the slides to follow along with during the course.
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset:
- The core values of SAFe
- The ‘House of Lean’
- The importance the Agile Manifesto at scale
- Understanding Lean-Agile principles, and the principles of Product Development Flow including:
- Economic frameworks
- System thinking
- Queuing theory
- Optimising batch sizes
- Limiting WIP (Work in Progress)
- Decentralised decision making
- Implementing an ART (Agile Release Train):
- Learn about the Agile Release Train (The Agile team-of-teams)
- How is SAFe optimised for the program
- The Big-Room Planning Event:
- Take part in a full simulation of PI (Program Increment) Planning, the powerful, cross-domain event that is the cornerstone of Agile planning at scale
- Learn how to prepare for the event to get the most value out of the session
- Discover the power of facilitation and collaboration at scale and how to bring these concepts back to your organisations
- Execute and release value using both team-level and program-level events
- Developing a Vision and Roadmap for your Release Train and Organisation
- Applying program-level continual improvement
- Objective, economic based prioritisation:
- Understanding the Cost of Delay
- Using Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) to sequence work
- The Importance of Technical Craftsmanship and how to release value on demand using:
- Test Automation
- Technical Practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Feature Toggles
- A deployment pipeline
- Building an Agile Portfolio:
- Defining strategic themes for your organisation
- Identify and organise around Value Streams
- Portfolio Kanban
- Lean-Agile budgeting and forecasting
- The Agile PMO (Agile Governance)
- Building large and complex systems:
- Coordinating suppliers and vendors
- Establishing Value Stream Flow
- Moving from variable to fixed system intent
- Leadership in a Lean-Agile enterprise:
- Leading the change
- Creating a learning organisation
- Unlocking the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- To keep you energised and at your peak, delicious mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks and drinks are provided. At lunchtime, step out with a premium meal voucher to select the lunch, beverage and coffee of your choice at several excellent nearby eateries
- This course counts for 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs) towards your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through the Scrum Alliance
Upcoming SAFe® Courses
|March 16, 2017 - March 17, 2017
(Guaranteed to run)
Who should attend?
The course is aimed towards those who play a major role in leading the development of large dependency-driven systems including Line Managers, Project Managers, Program Managers, Architects, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Product Managers.
This course is also valuable for Developers, Testers, Business Analysts and anyone else involved in product development.
Group Bookings and Invoices
We also offer discounts for group bookings and invoicing as a method of payment. For more information please contact us now.
Refund, Replacement and Postponement Policy
If you have booked onto a course and aren't able to make your course date please refer to our Refund, Replacement and Postponement Policy