Become an Agile Business Analyst with Industry-Leading Training!
The role of Business Analyst (BA) changes in the Agile world - stay ahead with new techniques, tools and tactics to guide your Agile team and support your Product Owner.
Our Agile BA course is an engaging 2-day session designed to provide Business Analysts with the knowledge and techniques to optimise the delivery of requirements, ensure teams build relevant products, and assist Product Owners manage the demands of complex initiatives.
Aligned with the Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), this course will prepare anyone who is interested in taking the Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA-AAC) exam.
16 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
16 Continuing Development Units (CDUs)
In order to accommodate the current situation we are excited to be able to offer our Agile Business Analyst training session, virtually.
Our Virtual-Online course (laptop or desktop with internet connection required) includes:
- Downloadable training materials;
- Real-time instruction;
- Real-world application;
- Relatable examples; AND
- The option to attend the same training course in-person at a later date at no additional cost
The course will contain the same unique AxisAgile content and the class size will remain limited to ensure all attendees are still able to effectively collaborate with each other and with both trainers. Completed in real time, attendees will work together in small teams and learn not only from the trainers but also from each other through discussion in breakout sessions, exercises, targeted games and simulations.
This Business Analyst training based on the Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide covers:
- Traditional vs Agile requirement analysis - Learn how the role of Business Analyst changes
- Agile Extension to the BABOK guide - Understand the three horizons and seven principles
- User Story Mapping - See the whole, while gathering detail on what is most important
- Where Business Analysts fit in - Understand how a BA fits within a cross-functional delivery team
- Refining requirements collaboratively - Empathise with the customer, and observe requirements through their eyes
- Product Backlog - Establishing a sequential delivery order to maximise value delivered
- Product Backlog Refinement - Understand iterative and incremental analysis
- Definition of Ready (DoR) - Control the quality of requirements
- The Purpose Alignment Model - Identify initiatives that of high value, and how to strategically execute them
- Kano Analysis - Evaluate and prioritise deliverables based on customer satisfaction
- Relative Feature Weighting - How to align stakeholders on priorities by considering the benefit vs cost of deliverables
- User Stories and User Story Splitting - Utilise the most popular Agile requirement format
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) - Understand how concrete examples can drive out assumptions and ambiguity
- Job Stories - Understand your customers’ motivations and deliver a result that delights them
- Non-functional requirements - How to include non-functional requirements as part of the Product Backlog and/or Definition of Done (DoD)
- Sprint operations - Discovery vs delivery tasks, aligning expectations with stakeholders at the Sprint Review, and improving the approach to Business Analysis at the Sprint Retrospective
What's included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You’ll receive your very own copy of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the hugely popular book that was selected to be part of the ‘Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tools and tips that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Workbooks to help you connect with the course
Our fill-in-the-gaps workbook is super-handy to write in answers and take notes as you follow along with us through the course. This has been specifically designed to help reinforce key learnings.
Get Certified as an Agile Business Analyst with Our Comprehensive Training!
General Virtual-Online Course Information
Course Requirements - You will need a computer or laptop with webcam capability, and a good stable Internet connection. You will need to be visually present throughout the course on the webcam in order to be certified.
Sign In Information - At least 2 days prior to your course date, you will be provided with your unique log-in details, and all the information you need to prepare for your course.
Course times - Your real-time training will commence promptly at 9am and conclude by 5pm with plenty of activities and breaks (of course!) in between.
Who Should Attend
Business Analysts, Business Architects, Requirements Engineers, Systems Analysts, Process Analysts or anyone involved on an Agile team interested in learning how the role of Business Analyst fits within the Scrum framework will all benefit from this course.