Private Agile overview briefing for your senior executives
Our ‘Agile for Executives Overview’ is an engaging half-day workshop that aims to introduce core Agile principles and practices to senior leadership with a primary focus on both the Scrum and Kanban implementation frameworks.
At the conclusion of this workshop, attendees will clearly understand the core Agile principles and also how the two most popular Agile frameworks can be best leveraged to mitigate risk, deliver early business value and reduce the cost of delay.
As leaders in the field, AxisAgile brings extensive experience having trained and coached thousands of teams, departments and organisations in Agile ways of working. This half-day course helps to make sense of the terminology, choose the correct Agile framework and avoid the common management pitfalls witnessed on many Agile adoptions.
Included with this session is a phone consultation with our experienced instructor so as to be able to understand the organisation's history and context prior to the session.
This workshop covers
- An Agile overview describing how to balance predictability with adaptability.
- Mapping Value Streams so that costly handoffs and queues can be visualised.
- Understanding the key decision-making domains via the Cynefin framework.
- An overview of the Scrum framework, the world’s most popular Agile framework.
- Understanding cross-functional team structures and culture.
- An overview of the Kanban framework and how it can work in with Scrum.
- Discovering where executives fit in and how they can best support their teams.
- Common management pitfalls - a distillation of what we have seen go wrong during Agile adoptions.
Additional course details
This course is run on-site, or a suitable training venue can be arranged.
What's included in each course?
The entire Mike Cohn Signature Series book collection
Your team will be given a copy of the entire Mike Cohn Signature Series to kick-start their Agile library. These books contain a wealth of information to help your team as they mature in their Agile approach, and start mastering more advanced practices and techniques.
USB pen with all electronic materials for each attendee
USB pens with the electronic course materials are provided to help your team members focus on the training and re-enforce their knowledge after the course.