Equip your testers for the world of Agile with test automation and collaborative analysis
Our Agile Test Automation course is an engaging one-day session filled with practical techniques designed to get your testers collaboratively refining requirements and automating their tests.
While the benefits of Agile through an implementation such as Scrum are well known, there are a number of technical testing practices that can enhance quality and consistency while shortening time to market and decreasing risk.
This course covers
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Specification by Example (SbE), and how these supporting approaches can enhance your Agile delivery.
- Cucumber (Java) and SpecFlow (Microsoft.net), the most popular tools to implement test automation with BDD, ATDD and SbE (above).
- Selenium - the most widely-used web-based application testing tool.
- Refining requirements collaboratively using practical techniques such as the Three Amigos, Diverge and Merge and Example Mapping.
- Concrete Examples and how to define them so they serve as the basis for automated tests and establish a common understanding across all members of the Scrum team.
- The Given-When-Then format (Gherkin language) and how it can be used to formalise Concrete Examples.
- Executable Specifications and how the Given-When-Then format can be turned into automated tests.
- Test automation best practices and supporting techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Dependency Injection and mocking.
- Scheduling automated tests using reactive, periodic and triggered builds.
- Living Documentation and how automated tests can be used to establish a shared understanding and a repository of how your system currently behaves.
- The Scrum framework and how best to include collaborative requirement refinement, test automation practices, and Living Documentation.
- Test Automation Strategy utilising the ‘Test Automation Pyramid’ and ‘Agile Testing Quadrant’ models to decide what to automate.
- Test data setup and the various approaches to setting up data to help isolate automated tests from one another.
- Virtualisation and how it can be leveraged to improve a test automation suite.
Additional course details
With a focus on Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Specification by Example (SbE), your testers will learn the leading tools and techniques to ensure that regression test cycles remain consistent and rapid to avoid ‘Waterfalling Sprints’.
As an added benefit, because these Automated Tests are based on examples of how the system is supposed to work, they serve not only for quality assurance purposes, but also automatically generate documentation. As your suite of Automated Tests grows, so does the documentation.
This course is run on-site, or a suitable training venue can be arranged.
What's included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You get your very own copy of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the hugely popular book that was selected to be part of the ‘Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tools and tips that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Stylish USB pen with all electronic materials
Getting a USB stick with all of the electronic course materials is cool. What’s even cooler is getting a stylish pen that has an embedded USB stick with not only the course materials but additional reading as well!
Sleek laptop case to keep it all together
Not only do we provide you with a whole host of great merchandise, but we also ensure that you have an efficient way to take it all home with you via the neat laptop bag that you will also receive! You’re welcome 🙂
Workbooks to help you connect with the course
As well as an electronic copy of all of the slides and other materials, on the day you will receive a fill-in-the-gaps workbook to use and follow along with during the course. This has been specifically designed to help reinforce key learnings.