Become an ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Test Automation (ICP-ATA) with AxisAgile!
Our ICAgile Certified Agile Test Automation course is an engaging two-day session filled with practical techniques designed to help testers:
- Learn how to create a Test Automation Strategy for Agile Teams.
- Gain hands-on experience with popular automation tools related to Unit Testing, Mocking, User Interface Testing (Selenium), and Behaviour Driven Development (SpecFlow) - No coding experience needed!
- Understand how to embed Test Automation within Sprints, Continuous Integration (CI) cycles and DevOps practices.
This course covers
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Specification by Example (SbE), and how these supporting approaches can enhance your Agile delivery.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and how to isolate parts of an application through Dependancy Injection and mocking.
- Cucumber (Java) and SpecFlow (Microsoft.net), the most popular tools to implement test automation with BDD, ATDD and SbE (above).
- Selenium - the most widely-used web-based application testing tool.
- Test Automation Strategy utilising the Test Automation Pyramid and Agile Testing Quadrant models to decide what to automate.
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps - how to schedule automated tests within a delivery pipeline and shift-left testing.
- Exploratory Testing and what tools can support this process.
- Test data setup and the various approaches to setting up data to help isolate automated tests from one another.
- Virtual Machines and Containers - how virtualisation can be leveraged to improve a test automation suite.
- Refining requirements collaboratively using practical techniques such as the Three Amigos and Example Mapping.
- Concrete Examples and how to define them so they serve as the basis for automated tests and establish a common understanding across all members of the Scrum team.
- The Given-When-Then format (Gherkin language) and how it can be used to formalise Concrete Examples.
- Executable Specifications and how the Given-When-Then format can be turned into automated tests.
- Static Code Analysis and metrics - how to perform Code Analysis and establish metrics that will assist in improving your team's code base.
- Non-functional requirement testing and how to utilise tools to automate the testing of requirements such as Performance and Security.
- Living Documentation and how automated tests can be used to establish a shared understanding and a repository of how your system currently behaves.
- The Scrum framework and how best to include collaborative requirement refinement, test automation practices, and Living Documentation.
About The International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile)
The International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) is one of the most widely recognised Agile certification bodies globally. To ensure testers are recognised for their Test Automation knowledge and ability, participants of this course are awarded the ICP-ATA certification, demonstrating to employers and work colleagues that they can support not only an Agile team's manual testing efforts, but also their plans for automation.
Who should attend
Testers, Quality Assurance Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Test Automation Engineers, Programmers, Technical Business Analysts and anyone involved with Agile teams looking to understand how Test Automation can be leveraged.
What's included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You get your very own copy of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the hugely popular book that was selected to be part of the ‘Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series’ (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tools and tips that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Workbooks to help you connect with the course
As well as an electronic copy of all of the slides and other materials, on the day you will receive a fill-in-the-gaps workbook to use and follow along with during the course. This has been specifically designed to help reinforce key learnings.