Learn how to apply Agile principles and practices outside of IT
In fast moving, rapidly changing environments, organisations and their teams are turning to Agile ways of working to help them mitigate risk and deliver high business value sooner. What was once the domain of software delivery teams has now progressed into other equally complex services including Marketing, HR, Risk and Compliance (among others).
Our Business Agility course is an engaging one-day workshop full of practical techniques designed to get your team:
- Working collaboratively
- Delivering value earlier
- Mitigating risk
- Continuously improving
As leaders in the field, and having trained numerous non-software teams, AxisAgile is uniquely positioned to introduce Agile to your world and help you on your journey.
This one-day course will translate the relevant Agile terminology to your domain and assist in the choice of the most applicable Agile framework to get the job done.
This workshop covers
- An overview of the two most popular Agile frameworks namely Scrum and Kanban.
- How to select the most appropriate framework based on your business challenges.
- How to conduct both project as well as Business-As-Usual (BAU) work effectively in an Agile manner.
- How to use Visual Management Boards (VMBs) to transparently track progress (as well as surface blocks).
- How to create a Value Stream Map to identify excessive work queues, bottlenecks and manage workflow rates.
- How to customize the key Scrum activities to help synchronise, review, retrospect and plan work.
- How to foster and grow a culture of self-organising teams.
- How to implement specific techniques to ensure a culture of continuous improvement is enacted.
Additional course details
This course is run on-site, or a suitable training venue can be arranged.
What's included in each course?
The entire Mike Cohn Signature Series book collection
Your team will be given a copy of the entire Mike Cohn Signature Series to kick-start their Agile library. These books contain a wealth of information to help your team as they mature in their Agile approach, and start mastering more advanced practices and techniques.
USB pen with all electronic materials for each attendee
USB pens with the electronic course materials are provided to help your team members focus on the training and re-enforce their knowledge after the course.